In the summertime, you will be hard pressed to find me not lounging by a body of water, or at least daydreaming about lounging by a body of water (I do have a day job, after all). As an Aquarius, I love everything about the summer, sand, and sea. Newly representing Bikini.com. I thought it would be fun to share my absolute must-haves for a day in the sun.
1. SUNSCREEN. Folks, I know you probably have heard this one reiterated time and time again, but it matters. Not only do you want to protect your skin from cancer-causing rays, but it's also important to utilize a sun-protectant to keep your skin healthy and youthful for years to come. As my dermatologist has shared many times, "To get rid of wrinkles, wear sunscreen 20 years ago". I may not burn easily, but I'm happy to get ahead of the curve now. My favorite brand of sunscreen is Supergoop! Check out their summer essentials kit here.
2. SUN HAT. I love a great hat. Not only are they chic and perfectly complete your summer look, but again, they protect your precious face from dangerous sun exposure. Embrace the hat!!
3. LIP BALM. As much as I love the summer, it's a peak time for climate-related skin struggles. And in case you haven't noticed a theme here, like the rest of your body, your lips are just as susceptible to sun damage, (if not more) than the rest of your face. Don't neglect your lips! My favorite brand of lip balm is Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment (complete with SPF15), and available at Sephora.
4. BEACH READ. I love a good book... Heck, I even love a good classic every now and then. But when it comes to relaxing seaside, I need a book that's going to be light, fun, and pleasant. I just wrapped up Fitness Junkie and looking for some new suggestions for the rest of the summer. If you have any great reads in mind, let a girl know!
5. SUNGLASSES. This should be a no-brainer, but for someone whose eyes are as ultra-sensitive to light as mine, a pair of killer shades is a NECESSITY. I like to mix them up, but currently, my go-to pair are QUAY Australia's After Hours pair.
6. HAIR PRODUCTS. Whether its a brush, a sea salt spray, or my personal fave of the moment, OUAI Rose Hair Oil, I always need something to help tame the mane. I can't spend all day in the sun without taking a dip, and my hair is not immune to the struggles from humidity, salt water or chlorine, so quality hair products are a MUST for a summer day.
7. BIKINI! How can you spend a day in the sun without cooling off in the water for a bit? Find a swimsuit to rock this summer that brings out the best in you. It's all about what makes you feel most confident and represents your personal style. Visit shop.bikini.com to find a swimsuit that suits your style, body type, and personality swimmingly 😉.
Get The Look